Ingredients for Dough:
- 1 kilogram flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 grams yeast
- small amount of warm water
Ingredients for Topping:
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 200 grams tuma cheese (or soft pecorino), diced
- 80 grams piacentino cheese (or parmesan)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 8 anchovies, salted and boned
- 12 ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- basil, chopped
- Dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Make a soft dough with the flour, salt, and yeast. Leave it in a warm place to rise until it doubles in volume, and then add the olive oil.
- Divide the dough into portions, place on a floured work surface and use fingers to flatten to about ½ inch thickness.
- Top generously with tomatoes, tuma cheese, onion, garlic, and anchovies.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the piacentino cheese, oregano, basil, and a little olive oil.
- Decide on shape - traditional round pizza or twisted into knot (as shown in photo)
- Bake in a hot oven (preferably stone, using a wooden pizza paddle) for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot. Buon Appetito!