Ingredients for Dough:
- 400 grams semolina flour
- 20 grams yeast, dissolved in a small amount of warm water
- 200 grams potatoes
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for Topping:
- 6 anchovy filets, chopped
- 200 grams pecorino cheese (preferably siciliano), sliced
- 30 grams caciocavallo cheese (or parmesan), grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- oregano and pepper, to taste
- cooking oil for greasing
- Boil the potatoes in salted water. Drain, peel, and mash. Place on a work surface, and mix with the flour. Then make a well in the centre, and add the yeast and salt.
- Work the dough thoroughly until it achieves a very soft consistency. Cover and leave it in a warm place to rise until it doubles in volume.
- Lay out on a greased dish or pan, spreading with the fingers until it is about 1 inch thick.
- Top with the anchovies and pecorino cheese, and then sprinkle with the caciocavallo cheese, oregano, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in a hot oven for about 20 minutes or until the dough is about 1½ inches thick.
- Place on a serving dish, and serve immediately. Buon Appetito!