- 200 grams almonds, shelled
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- sugar for coating
- small amount green food colouring
- Remove the skin from the almonds after immersing them for a few seconds in boiling water. Then pound them together with 100 grams of sugar.
- Place the remaining sugar in a saucepan with a few tablespoons of water, and heat until it starts to melt.
- Remove from the heat, and add the almond mixture, rum, and green colouring.
- Knead until the mixture is smooth.
- Rub small balls between the palms into the shape of olives. Coat each “olive” by rolling it in sugar.
- Leave for a few hours before serving. Buon Appetito!