- 500 grams rice
- ½ litre milk
- ½ litre water
- 150 grams plain chocolate, chopped
- 500 grams almonds, shelled
- 500 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of vanilla
- 400 grams of Hundreds and Thousands (little coloured candies)
- 250 grams assorted candied fruit
- 500 grams sugar
- 1 orange, grated zest
- pinch of salt
- pinch of powdered cinnamon
- Peel the almonds after immersing them in boiling water for a few seconds.Then toast and chop them coarsely.
- Boil the rice for about 10 minutes in the milk and water with the salt and vanilla added.
- Add the sugar, and mix until it has melted.
- Add the cocoa and orange zest slowly, stirring continuously until the rice is cooked but not sticky.
- Let the rice cool, and then add the almonds and chocolate.
- Place on a serving dish, sprinkle with cinnamon ,and decorate with the Hundreds and Thousands and candied fruit. The finished dessert will look like a cake made for a special occasion.
- Serve immediately. Buon Appetito!