- 400 grams pasta
- 8 salted anchovies, boned
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée (optional)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 120 grams dried breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pinch of pepper
- Toast the breadcrumbs (preferably in an iron skillet), stirring continuously. Before they turn brown, add only a little oil and mix until the oil starts to sizzle and the breadcrumbs turn a golden colour.
- Heat some oil separately in a frying pan with the garlic. Remove from the heat, and add the anchovies, mashing them with a fork until they achieve a creamy consistency.
- Add the capers and tomato purée (optional), and stir over moderate heat for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and add the parsley and pepper.
- Boil the pasta in a large pan of salted water, strain, and cover with the anchovy sauce.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, and serve hot. Buon Appetito!