Limoncello Siciliano (Lemon Liqueur)
Servings: 1 Litre
- 1 litre 98% alcohol (196 proof)
- 800 grams sugar
- 8 medium-sized lemons
- 2 litres water
- Peel lemons with a potato peeler, making sure to get as much of the yellow skin as possible and as little of the white.
- Boil the sugar in the water, making sure it is completely dissolved. Let it cool.
- Add the sugary water and the lemon peels to the alcohol.
- Pour the mixture into an air-tight container. Shake daily for 7-8 days.
- Bottle and put in the freezer. Leave at least a month!
- Take out, and let thaw.
- Serve very cold. Buon Appetito!