- 400 grams dried codfish, salted
- 400 grams potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 sticks celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100 grams green olives, pitted
- 100 grams black olives, pitted
- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 50 grams pine nuts
- 50 grams raisins
- 2 tablespoons capers
- salt and pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- parsley or basil, chopped
- Soak and clean the dried fish, and then cut into small pieces.
- Fry the onion lightly in a little oil. Add the tomatoes and celery, and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the fish and a few ladles of water. Cover and simmer over moderate heat for about 30 minutes.
- Fry the potatoes in a little oil, and then add to the fish, along with the olives, raisins, capers, pine nuts, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes, adding a little water if and when necessary.
- Serve hot. Buon Appetito!