- 300 grams finest flour
- 200 grams potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 10 grams yeast
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- small amount of warmed milk
- powdered cinnamon
- Boil the potatoes in salted water, and then mash them.
- Add the flour, eggs, oil, lemon zest, and yeast (dissolved with the sugar in the warmed milk).
- Add another small amount of warmed milk, and work into a soft dough, which should detach itself easily from the work surface.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in volume.
- Roll small amounts of dough between the thumb and forefinger to make rings.
- Deep fry, one by one - on moderate heat - until each swells up and turns golden brown.
- Place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar and powdered cinnamon.
- Serve immediately. Buon Appetito!