- 400 grams macaroni
- 10 ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 aubergine (eggplant), chopped
- 100 grams ricotta cheese, grated and baked
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- basil, chopped
- olive oil
- Slice the aubergine, and sprinkle generously with salt. Leave at least 30 minutes to remove the bitterness.
- Prepare the tomato sauce as follows: cook the tomatoes with salt on a low heat for about 10 minutes. Then add the garlic, pepper, sugar and olive oil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is quite thick.
- Rinse the aubergine slices, and dry on a paper towel.
- Fry until golden brown. Place on paper towels to remove excess grease, and then chop coarsely.
- Boil the macaroni in salted water, strain, and add most of the tomato sauce. Pour into a serving dish, cover with the rest of the sauce, and add the aubergine.
- Sprinkle with the ricotta cheese and basil.
- Serve immediately. Buon Appetito!