- 400 grams pasta shapes
- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded and chopped
- 40 grams almonds, shelled
- 40 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- small amount of olive oil
- Peel the almonds after immersing them in boiling water for a few moments. Then roast them in the oven, and chop very finely.
- Pound the tomatoes with the salt, pepper, basil, and garlic.
- Add the almonds and olive oil once the tomato sauce is smooth.
- Toast the breadcrumbs until golden brown.
- Boil the pasta in a large pan of salted water, strain, and cover with the sauce.
- Place on a serving dish, and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Serve hot. Buon Appetito!