- 1 rabbit, skinned and gutted (or chicken or turkey)
- 4 florets cauliflower
- 4 heads endive
- 4 sticks celery
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 40 grams raisins
- 20 grams pine nuts
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Clean the cauliflower, celery, and endive. Drain and lightly fry, separately, in a small amount of olive oil.
- Cut the rabbit into small pieces, and brown in olive oil with salt and pepper. Add a few tablespoons of water. Then cover and simmer for about 20 minutes on moderate heat, stirring regularly.
- Fry the onion until golden brown. Add the tomato purée, and use a wooden spoon to stir on moderate heat for a few minutes.
- Add the rabbit pieces, vegetables, capers, raisins, pine nuts, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir until the sugar browns slightly. Then add the vinegar, and let it evaporate for a few minutes. If necessary, add a small amount of water.
- Serve hot or warm. Buon Appetito!